Friday, February 1, 2008

dalek vs. blacklisted



So while I was doing my morning internet rounds today (working in a boring office sitting in front of a computer has slight luxuries I guess) I came across a record that I thought was out of print, but it turns out that you can still order it. The record in question is a collaboration of sorts, the music done by blacklisted and the art is done by famed New York artist Dalek. It looks really cool and you can pick it up here for $32 shipped to Canada. Admittedly this is pretty expensive for a 4 song EP but it turned out really well and this isn't something you see every day. Having said that, I'm still not sure if I'm going to order it.

In other, completely unrelated news, the alternative hip-hop duo Dälek who have been described as:
...dark, noisy and atmospheric, equally inspired by industrial music like Einstürzende Neubauten, the layered noise of My Bloody Valentine and the dense sound collages of Public Enemy. Their sound is often constructed through sampling and a musical base atypical of most hip-hop, making it difficult for people to classify their sound. They have been described as trip-hop, glitch-hop, and metal- shoegaze-hip-hop, as well as criticized for their broad range of sound.
are touring with Russian Circles and Young Widows soon. I find both Dälek and Russian Circles to be awesome, so I think I might drive down to the Buffalo show at the end of February. Anyone want to join me? Should be a good time.

-Andrew

No comments: