Friday, February 1, 2008

youth youth youth




So, I haven't really been making any posts on this at all lately. I generally spend all day at work on my computer and can't bring myself to look at my computer at home at night. Either way, I'm working from home today so I thought I'd make a post.

I was reading through a local message board and came across this video of the Toronto hardcore band 'youth youth youth' playing at the Beverley Tavern in 1984. I don't know how many people who read this blog will be interested in this, but I thought it was pretty cool. By checking out their archieve myspace page it seems that there are some people out there who are trying to document the hardcore scene as it existed from the late 70's to the mid 80's in Toronto through the various tapes they've uncovered from that period. By the sounds of it they are piecing together the best recordings they can from that period and will make them available for download on that site. There are a few other videos out there on youtube if you want to check some more of it out. If not you should at least to be able to enjoy this video, which I find to be surprisingly good quality-wise.



Anyways, I gotta get back to work but I just might do another post later featuring a cell phone photo if I can think of something good to photograph.

-Andrew

No comments: